IbogaSafe will provide practical training to medics through a hands-on learning approach. During the training we can work side by side with your staff on a real client from screening, through treatment, and after care. IbogaSafe will customize a training to fit your center's needs, because we realize that each clinic will have it’s own unique set of resources and challenges. Once we have established a training relationship with you, we can also be available for follow-up consultations regarding challenging clients to continue the learning process.
Intake screening and treatment preparation for potential clients:
- Gathering appropriate medical history, substance abuse history, and list of current medications
- Which diagnostic tests must be requested from potential clients
- Identify appropriate medical professional to consult for interpreting labwork, ECG’s
- Supporting clients to discontinue contraindicated pharmaceuticals prior to arrival
- Nutrition and prehydration recommendations
- Bowel preparation
- Switching from long acting (Methadone/suboxone) to short acting opiates.
- Correcting electrolyte levels prior to treatment
- Safe intake and drug screening procedures
- IV/IO access for clients with difficult venous access
- Safe dosing guidelines.
- Monitoring of vital signs and considerations for continuous cardiac monitoring
- Length of time to monitor post treatment
- Confidential documentation
Creation and practice of a written emergency plan:
- How to recognize warning signs leading to a life threatening emergency
- ECG considerations during treatment
- Implementation of emergency response in the case of adverse events.
- Drills (mock codes) so that staff have specific responsibilities during an emergency
- Develop a relationship with a local ambulance service
- Identify the closest hospital with appropriate emergency cardiac care
Choose the appropriate equipment to use during emergencies:
- Stocking the clinic's pharmacy with the right meds needed for stabilization and potential emergencies.
- IV rehydration equipment
- Choosing the right monitors and manual defibrillators (including training specific to defibrillator).
- Ventilation equipment dependant on your budget.
- EZIO drill training for challenging venous access and emergencies.
- American Heart Association BLS and/or ACLS for Ibogaine certification courses offered for additional fees per student. 2 year certifications issued.
- Classroom Basic Heart Anatomy & ECG Interpretation course.
- Basic 12-lead ECG Interpretation course
- Follow-up on site training and/or recertification courses available
IbogaSafe recognizes that each treatment setting presents it’s own individual demands and means. After evaluation of you center’s training needs we will quote a fee based on services provided. Travel expenses, room and board, and length of stay will be considered in the negotiated quote.
Let's get started
We can help. Contact us today.