IbogaSafe will provide practical training to medics through a hands-on learning approach. During the training we can work side by side with your staff on a real client from screening, through treatment, and after care. IbogaSafe will customize a training to fit your center's needs, because we realize that each clinic will have it’s own unique set of resources and challenges. Once we have established a training relationship with you, we can also be available for follow-up consultations regarding challenging clients to continue the learning process.
Intake screening and treatment preparation for potential clients:
- Gathering appropriate medical history, substance abuse history, and list of current medications
- Which diagnostic tests must be requested from potential clients
- Identify appropriate medical professional to consult for interpreting labwork, ECG’s
- Supporting clients to discontinue contraindicated pharmaceuticals prior to arrival
- Nutrition and prehydration recommendations
- Bowel preparation
- Switching from long acting (Methadone/suboxone) to short acting opiates.
- Correcting electrolyte levels prior to treatment
- Safe intake and drug screening procedures
- Safe dosing guidelines
- Minimally invasive monitoring of vital signs
- Length of monitoring post treatment
- Confidential documentation
Creation and practice of a written emergency plan
- How to recognize warning signs leading to a life threatening emergency
- Drills to practice assigned responsibilities during an emergency
- Develop a relationship with a local ambulance service
- Identify the closest hospital with appropriate emergency cardiac care
Choose appropriate equipment:
- The right AED (Automatic Electronic Defibrillator designed for anyone to use)
- Ventilation equipment dependant on your budget.
- Urine drug screening kits which specifically screen for all drugs that put clients at risk.
- American Heart Association Heartsaver CPR/AED or BLS certification courses offered for additional fees per student. 2 year certifications issued.
- Classroom Basic Heart Anatomy & ECG Interpretation course.
- Follow-up on site training and/or recertification courses available.
IbogaSafe recognizes that each treatment setting presents it’s own individual demands and means. After evaluation of you center’s training needs we will quote a fee based on services provided. Travel expenses, room and board, and length of stay will be considered in the negotiated quote.